THRUHULL with 1" HOSE BARB
THRUHULL with 1" HOSE BARB. WHITE. 1" BSP THREAD
Skin Fittings with Tails
The Skin Fitting with Tail body and nut are moulded from glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres within the nylon composite provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings with Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
All Skin Fittings are supplied with a nylon washer to increase locknut support on the hull.
TruDesign Skin Fittings with Tails are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) & Bureau Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft — Seacocks and through-hull fittings — Part 2: Non-metallic
For below waterline applications, see our Skin Fittings Threaded or Skin Fittings Recessed product ranges (as a Ball Valve must be directly attached to the Skin Fitting for safety and compliance to marine standards).
Download Info Sheet
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types - Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood or GRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Long Tail - Hoses can be secured with 2 hose clamps for a strong connection