WIND SPEED METER
WIND SPEED METER, VAAVUD FOR SMARTPHONE
- Electronic-free high-tech meteorological tool
- Takes accurate wind readings and works on the most popular smart phones when using the free Vaavud App
- Accurate, practical and truly pocket friendly
- Measures wind speed from 4 to 48 knots (2-25 m/s)
- Reliable electronic-free technology
- Durable construction
- Highly accurate: +- 4% or 0.4 knots (0.2 m/s)
- Clear, neat App interface
- Free Vaavud™ App
- Neoprene storage pouch included
- Compact, pocket-friendly design
- Low price
A Vaavud™ wind meter will turn your smartphone into a high-tech meteorological tool. It enables you to take accurate wind readings and works on the most popular smart phones when using the free Vaavud App.
There are currently two models with slightly different characteristics available: Mjolnir and Sleipnir.
The design of the Vaavud™ Sleipnir wind meter is inspired partly by professional cup anemometers, and partly by a Danish developed wind turbine with vertical blades. An asymmetrical rotor accelerates slightly when the largest surface is hit by the wind. The built-in sensor makes 40.000 measurements per second allowing the app to detect even the slightest variations in wind speed. This high frequency signal can be used to derive both wind speed and direction.
The design of the Vaavud™ Mjolnir is inspired by professional cup anemometers, but with two cups instead of three, to make the device pocket friendly and super rugged. The Vaavud wind meter has a one piece durable plastic rotor and low friction teflon bearing. To make the wind meter can withstand anything, the wind meter uses a revolutionary electronic free method of communicating directly to the magnetic field sensor in you smartphone.