BLOCK, SINGLE 5MM WIRE
BLOCK, SINGLE 5MM WIRE
SHEAVE,SERIES 60 CORE
- Class leading performance and sleek, contemporary styling
- Excellent dynamic and high static load performance
- Less than half the friction of the nearest competitor
- Durable alloy Rope/Wire sheave
- Universal head with full 3-axis articulation
- Shackle head lockable at 0 or 90 degrees
- Central hub hole can be used as a becket take-off or tie-up point
|Sheave Ø||60 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||12 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||5 mm|
|Pin Ø||6 mm|
|B. L.||2000 kg|
Universal Bearing -
Dynamic and high static load performance
The Ronstan Universal Bearing incorporates our proven 2-stage bearing system
Stage 1 - Under moderate loads, Acetal ball bearings ensure minimum friction.
Stage 2 - Under heavy loads, where deformation of ball bearings alone would result in increased friction, a sliding Acetal bearing on a polished stainless steel race takes over, maintaining low friction performance.
Additionally the ball bearings are configured to act as a thrust bearing between the sheave and cheeks, preventing the sheave from rubbing on the cheeks and causing friction when the line lead in and out of the block isn’t perfect. Particularly important for cheek blocks.
Block cheeks are manufactured from the highest quality alloy for maximum strength. Material optimisation and the cut-away design minimises weight and allows easy fresh water rinsing of salt and debris from the bearings. Cheek design has been further styled with flaring at the block throat and reduced gap between the cheek and sheave, minimising rope wear.
The head assembly incorporates a brass bearing washer to provide smooth 360° rotation of the post and shackle. A set screw arrangement allows the head to be locked at 0° or 90°.
Shackles are high quality forged grade 316 stainless steel.
Acetal & aluminium sheave options
Selected models are available with an aluminium sheave which has a deep groove profile specifically made for use with wire.
- Ideal for mainsheet, halyard and spinnaker sheet applications on boats to 12m (40ft).
- Various control line applications on larger yachts.
- Alloy sheave models are available for use with wire.
- Sheave: U.V. stabilised Acetal or anodised aluminium (AW models)
- Cheek plates: Aluminium alloy
- Ball Bearings: High compression strength carbon black Acetal
- Shackle, post & hub: Grade 316 stainless steel.